The Handyprobe HP3 is equipped with a differential input with a maximum input range of 800 Volt DC (566 Volt RMS). Because of the differential input, it is not possible to create a short circuit to ground through the oscilloscope. The high input range makes it possible to use the Handyprobe HP3 without additional attenuators. See the classroom section for information about differential measuring.
The advanced driver technology makes it possible to measure a continuous stream of data from the Handyprobe HP3 to the computer, at a maximum rate of 10 MSamples/s. The maximum measuring time is only limited by the available space on the hard drive. The high sampling rate makes it possible to capture short events with high accuracy. It is also possible to monitor e.g. the line power for a very long time and afterwards view and analyze each cycle of the signal thoroughly.
Low noise measuring lead
The input of the Handyprobe HP3 is differential, which means that both sides of the input have a high impedance. There is no connection to ground as in conventional oscilloscopes which are used with coax cables and standard probes.
The special low noise Measure lead TP-C812A is developed for the Handyprobe HP3. It is very insensitive to external interfering signals. The two ends can be placed up to two meters apart, while picking up very little interference. With a conventional oscilloscope with standard probes this is not possible. The maximum distance between the positive side and ground of a standard probe is usually limited to approximately 20 cm. The Measure lead TP-C812A for the Handyprobe HP3 does not have this limitation. Measuring between two distant points is now no problem anymore. The Measure lead TP-C812A uses a heat resistant silicone isolation and shrouded banana plugs.
The Handyprobe HP3 is designed to fit nicely in your hand. Its housing is fitted with soft rubber areas that ensure a good grip on it. A wrist strap can be attached, to carry the Handyprobe HP3 or to hang it near the test setup.
- Fast and compact measuring instrument with a wide input range from 200 mV full scale to 800 V full scale without the need for additional probes or attenuators.
- High bandwidth of 50 MHz to be able to analyze fast signals accurately.
- No short circuit to ground possible, due to the differential input. This means extra protection for your PC.
- The two measuring points can be far apart, making it easy to measure in large installations.
- Fast streaming, up to 10 million samples per second continuously for fast and long measurements.
- Amplitude accuracy of 0.3% full scale. Most oscilloscopes have an accuracy of 2 - 3 %.
- No external power supply required. Power is gotten from a USB port.
- Very versatile Multi Channel software with an oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, Y-t recorder and voltmeter with many signal analysis functions.
- Exporting of measured data to various common data formats, making it possible to create your own reports.
- The Handyprobe HP3 comes in a solid case, including test pins and crocodile clamps.
The Handyprobe HP3 comes with:
- Hard carry case
- Low noise, heat resistant differential test lead with 4 mm banana jacks and colored clips
- 2 test probes with 4 mm banana socket
- 2 crocodile clips with 4 mm banana socket
- Wrist strap
- Multi Channel software
- User's manual
Documents available for download:
Handyprobe HP3 - Brochure (2.33 MB)